The intern is an entry-level position that requires a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Public Relations, Marketing or a related discipline, along with a minimum of one relevant internship. This position reports to Lindley Presley.
The position’s primary purpose is to support daily work related to Brandware Public Relations client accounts as well as other agency needs.
Candidate Core Capabilities
- Articulate communicator, including excellent written and verbal communications skills; strong command of grammar, punctuation, spelling;
- Ability to write grammatically-correct, creative content under deadline (writing test to be administered);
- Energetic, positive personality with a passion for learning and talking about enthusiast brands;
- Ability to analyze raw data and other third-party research and information for trends, news hooks and fresh ideas that can result in client media coverage;
- High level of organizational skills with the ability to multi-task under tight deadlines;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook);
- Working knowledge of image editing and graphics software, such as Photoshop, InDesign;
- Working knowledge of basic agency tools and resources, such as Cision, preferred;
- Active user of social media, and the ability to create, post and distribute content on popular platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, FlickR, etc.;
- Proven strong work ethic.
Provide account administrative support as needed, such as meeting notes and project tracking; copying, scanning and distribution of press or client materials; setting up conference calls, travel logistics and meetings; other general account and office duties.
Participate in account planning, creative and strategy sessions; proactively offer ideas to improve the client experience and account results; participate in off-site client meetings as needed.
Research and secure offline and online media placement opportunities based on assigned pitching objectives; research and qualify new media contacts, establish positive new media relationships that benefit the agency and its clients; turnkey fulfillment of incoming media requests, such as images, data and interview requests; schedule and distribute press materials via e-mail, wires services and other appropriate outlets.
Editorial and Content Creation
Research and draft original press and client materials for external and internal distribution, including press releases, pitches, presentations, social media; repurpose/edit supplied content for new applications, such as social media posts, case studies or other collateral.
Assist with on-site and off-site events as assigned, including product launches, media programs, employee programs, customer events, trade shows, press conferences, etc.
Measurement and Tracking
Utilize agency, client or other third-party tools, such as Vocus, Meltwater, etc., develop client reports that present the agency’s results and successes. Become an expert in developing on-target media lists using the agency’s Cision tool.
Please complete the form below to apply: