Account Director – Atlanta
This position is responsible for the day-to-day success of Brandware’s public relations clients, including national consumer and B2B brands in the automotive, powersports, marketing technology and lifestyle brand categories.
This hands-on position directs Brandware’s Atlanta-based public relations practice with direct responsibility for staffing as well as personally servicing existing and new business (at least 50 percent of billable hours will include tactical work.) Daily responsibilities include account strategy, creative solutions, media relations, writing, analysis and team management. The Account Director also supports and participates in new business development, such as research, presentation preparation and new business pitches.
This position participates in agency planning and management meetings, with responsibility for contributing and executing strategic ideas and tactics for positively increasing overall agency reputation, visibility, operational efficiency and revenue.
The position reports to the President/CEO.
The Account Director ensures the delivery of top quality work to clients, utilizing leading edge tools and technology and exceeding client expectations in all areas.
Client Relations: Retention and Satisfaction
• Takes ultimate accountability for client success, profitability and account management
• Develops and maintains strong interpersonal relationship with client CEO, CMO and other senior executives
• Ensures that the agency is delivering top quality work to clients, utilizing leading edge tools and technology
• Recommends or creates new products and services that will benefit both client and agency business and profitability
• Leads the development of traditional and digital media relations strategy for clients
• Builds/expands and maintains strong analyst, influencer and media relationships and consistently achieves measurable coverage targets and thought leadership opportunities for clients
• Personally contributes as well as manages the full range of account media services, including writing/editing, pitching, event development and execution (such as SMTs, product launches, service introductions, CEO media tours, etc.)
New Business & Agency Marketing:
• Contributes to the business development process and the overall pitch process
• Writes and produces winning presentations and proposals
• Leads new business account team development and staffing
• Recruits, trains, and oversees retention of account teams. Ensures that all account teams are properly staffed and running smoothly
• Works closely with the president to further the company‚Äö?Ñ?¥s mission, goals, values, philosophy and culture
• Provides leadership to account teams and individuals in developing consulting skills, management skills, improving public relations and marketing skills (media, writing, etc.), and other areas of personal and professional development
• Participates in staff meetings and office events to promote the culture of the agency
• Builds a successful working environment that fosters trust, respect and commitment
• Delivers media and bottom line results that drive superior client satisfaction, positive feedback and multi-year client relationships
• Assumes an active leadership role in the implementation of leading-edge tools, technology, ideas and innovations that differentiate agency as a thought-leader
• Assumes an active leadership role in agency new product and service development
• Meets account budget and profit margin targets
• 7-10+ years experience in all facets of public relations agency operations, including staff recruitment and management (capacity analysis, account staffing, billability), budgeting/planning, new business strategy and development, office tools and technology
• 10+ years experience in all facets of corporate, brand and product public relations with significant focus on consumer and B2B media relations and social and digital media
• Deep national network of Tier 1 media contacts, with automotive, action sports, music/fashion, consumer electronics, personal technology and other men‚Äö?Ñ?¥s lifestyle categories preferred.
• The ability to quickly build strong client relationships, backed by a successful track record of multi-year client retention
• Ability to write persuasive, concise, creative copy for press materials, presentations and marketing communications collateral
• Excels at actions that earn and inspire loyalty and trust, ability to create and build strong, collaborative relationships with colleagues via superior communication and open, honest behavior and interpersonal skills
• Requires a self-starter who works successfully with minimum supervision and who can thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking-intense small-office environment (11-member team)
• A confident, assertive and extremely proactive personality with a good sense of humor who shares our passion for “adrenaline rush” is a must
Please complete the form below to apply: